Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Community ... do we need it?

"Beneath what our culture calls psychological disorder is a soul crying out for what only community can provide ... the problem beneath our problems is a disconnected soul ... the greatest need in modern civilization is the development of communities - true communities where the heart of God is home, where the humble and wise learn to shepherd those on the path behind them, where the trusting strugglers lock arms with others as together they journey on." ~ Larry Crabb

Right now I am reading the book ... "I will build my church & the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" written by Val Yoder.

Community ... is this something that we as Anabaptists are losing? What has gone wrong? Somehow the Amish have kept a close knit community that I see is slipping out of our fingers as we "progress" and "move on" or should I say ... are we becoming so thinly spread out that we are too busy to interact with our fellow believers, like the early church did in Acts 2:42 - true fellowship ... more than just Sunday morning.

Just some questions I'm wrestling with ...

No comments:

Post a Comment