Thursday, November 11, 2010

Old Moccasins my Grandpa used to wear …

For as long as I can remember I haven’t liked the size of my feet.  Maybe because I thought them too large to be considered “ladies” feet a “huge” size 10.  But recently I found reason to like the size of my feet. 

Last month my mother was going through my grandma’s items in my sister’s attic and stumbled across my grandpa Eberly’s moose hide moccasins, and since he has “small” feet (a size 8 mens) they fit me. 

Now I have my own pair of authentic moose hide moccasins, and every time I wear them I think of my Grandpa Eberly, a man I never knew, but have heard much about. I look forward to seeing him in glory!

IMG_7909

1 comment:

  1. oh, I remember them...loved to be with Grandpa Eberly...my family bought me authentic from Sandy Lake slippers for Christmas in 2009...they are on my feet as I write this...glad you have this connection with our ancestor!!

    ReplyDelete