For the past three years I have had the privilege of attending the Joni & Friends Family Retreat for families affected with disabilities. This camp is held at Spruce Lake Retreat. It’s amazing!!
This year my role is changing, instead of being a camper I will be serving in the capacity as a STM (Short Term Missionary). My focus for the week will be to serve a specific family.
I’m excited about this role change, but a little nervous. When I woke up this morning I had an overwhelming sense of PEACE that everything was going to be just fine and that the week would go GREAT!!
The theme this year is: BE FREE … “where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17
My prayer is that I will be the hands and feet of Jesus, as well as the ears. Pray that God will give me an extra measure of understanding as I work with “my family”.
No comments:
Post a Comment