Tuesday, August 24, 2010

About Staying Home ...

During my day thoughts come to my mind concerning things I want to write about, but rarely do I actually remember what I want to write. Today was one of those exceptions ...


Recently as I've been thinking about my life and things I want to do in my lifetime I have had this overwhelming fear that ... I may never got to fly across the ocean, I may never get to visit Australia, China, Thailand, and other exotic places. Places where family & friends have gotten the chance to visit. I may never take my "dream road trip" that I've always wanted to take. I may never get to serve as a missionary in a foreign land, and experience the reality of living in a culture that I don't know the main language.


It's hard accepting that these things may never happen and I might live the entirety of my life in the US working as a cashier and home health aide, serving in my fellowship of believers (Rockville Mennonite) as a Sunday school teacher, and the closest I may ever get to overseas missions is by praying for my friends who are in those exotic places.

In my mind I "know" that these things (which I'm doing) are just as important in the Kingdom, but my humanness shines through pretty strongly - I WANT to go and see the world, at least see the US of A!!

Oh, if I only had the patience ...

No comments:

Post a Comment