"Prayer on your knees is like building an Altar to the Lord"
- Beth Moore
In the Old Testament you see over and over that an Altar is built to the Lord God, Beth Moore was sharing how God showed her that all altars have four corners, and when we get on our knees there are four corners. This painted a beautiful picture for me, it also convicted me to the heart!
How often do I sit when I pray, instead of getting on my knees? The Muslim community prays 5 times per day, often prostrate on their faces and knees. I, a follower of Christ, find it hard to find time enough in my day pray ONCE, let alone on my knees, usually sitting "comfortably" in my arm chair. If Muslims can pray 5 times a day to a false god, how much more should I pray to the ONE TRUE GOD?? I heard once of a missionary who had callouses on his knees because if prayer. What would it take for me to be that kind of prayer warrior?
Another Quote from the evening: "When we get down (on our knees), God gets UP!! ("Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him." Psalm 68:1)
O that I would be a person who prays, not just in the comfort of my bed or chair, but down on my knees, humbled before the God who has been so faithful to me in the past. I know that He will continue to be faithful for my future as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment