"In Himself, God is beyond all "predications" or attributes of language: He is the Source and Foundation of all possibility of utterance and thus is beyond all definite descriptions."
(www.hebrew4christians.com)
Think about that statement. Isn't it hard to wrap your mind around? This God, The God of the universe ... is my personal God. He is your personal God. But you & I can't even begin to describe Him, because He is the Source of all descriptions, and is therefore beyond any descriptions we will ever imagine (for lack of a better word).
Job 1:21 (ESV) - And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
Psalm 8:1 (ESV) - O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.
Zeph. 3:17 (ESV) - The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
(www.hebrew4christians.com)
Think about that statement. Isn't it hard to wrap your mind around? This God, The God of the universe ... is my personal God. He is your personal God. But you & I can't even begin to describe Him, because He is the Source of all descriptions, and is therefore beyond any descriptions we will ever imagine (for lack of a better word).
Job 1:21 (ESV) - And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."
Psalm 8:1 (ESV) - O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.
Zeph. 3:17 (ESV) - The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
That is a blessed thought
ReplyDelete