Last night as I was finishing up work the lady I work for asked me ... what is the meaning of mercy? This question got me thinking ... and this is what I came up with.
After pointing out to the Ephesians what they were before Christ, Paul writes to them these encouraging words...
But God, being rich in mercy (eleos: this Greek word denotes action, not based on feeling alone), because of the great love (agape: the love that chooses to love) with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:4-7 (ESV)
The greatest act of mercy was God sending His Son ... He not only had compassion for mankind, He acted on his compassion.
Paul writes to the Romans ...
For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will pity whomever I will pity." (Ex. 33:19) So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God.
Romans 9:15-16 (LITV)
God has given His mercy to us ... He has a genuine heartfelt compassion for our well-being, and He chose to exercise His feelings for us and ACT, by sending His Son.
What a wonderful thought. Because of God's mercy for me, out of His love, Jesus died. But the story does not end there! He Lives, He conquered death and the grave! Praise God, Hallelujah! He is Risen!
May you feel His Love this Resurrection season!
After pointing out to the Ephesians what they were before Christ, Paul writes to them these encouraging words...
But God, being rich in mercy (eleos: this Greek word denotes action, not based on feeling alone), because of the great love (agape: the love that chooses to love) with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:4-7 (ESV)
The greatest act of mercy was God sending His Son ... He not only had compassion for mankind, He acted on his compassion.
Paul writes to the Romans ...
For He said to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will pity whomever I will pity." (Ex. 33:19) So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God.
Romans 9:15-16 (LITV)
God has given His mercy to us ... He has a genuine heartfelt compassion for our well-being, and He chose to exercise His feelings for us and ACT, by sending His Son.
What a wonderful thought. Because of God's mercy for me, out of His love, Jesus died. But the story does not end there! He Lives, He conquered death and the grave! Praise God, Hallelujah! He is Risen!
May you feel His Love this Resurrection season!
No comments:
Post a Comment