What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? James 4:1 ESV
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days ...
Deut. 30:19-20a
I am striving to choose life, to go against the "passions that war within", it's an uphill battle. But I have the victory through Him, my risen LORD, Yahweh, Messiah, The Christ. I will not give up, though the going is tough, through the grace of God I will carry on ... may He grant me the strength I need.
I saw this earlier this evening, the "old man" fighting the ways of the Lord. It's a struggle. It's never a fun struggle, every ounce of your energy is spent in defiance, you are miserable.
How often am I like this? When I make choices how many times do I drag my feet, stomp them, or just stop in my tracks? Much like the child that wants their own way and will do everything, even go as far as to make themselves miserable, just to get their "own way".
My passions, or what I think is right, war within me. Isn't this what causes contention? The strife that was unnecessary to begin with?
How often am I like this? When I make choices how many times do I drag my feet, stomp them, or just stop in my tracks? Much like the child that wants their own way and will do everything, even go as far as to make themselves miserable, just to get their "own way".
My passions, or what I think is right, war within me. Isn't this what causes contention? The strife that was unnecessary to begin with?
I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days ...
Deut. 30:19-20a
I am striving to choose life, to go against the "passions that war within", it's an uphill battle. But I have the victory through Him, my risen LORD, Yahweh, Messiah, The Christ. I will not give up, though the going is tough, through the grace of God I will carry on ... may He grant me the strength I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment