As I walk down the street, and interact with people I see, they see a different me! I put up a front that looks good. I guess you could say, “I’m a hypocrite”. They don’t see the real me. The one who struggles with living a pure life, a life worthy of the calling. I even put up a front with some of my closest friends!
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 6:1 (NASB)
I have been convicted. I’ve been thinking about this especially since I’ve been teaching the 3rd grade Sunday School class. I appear to have it all together, I’m serving in the church, I attend church regularly, and I say all the right words when people ask me how I’m doing!
But do I really have it all together? NO!!! I have believed the lie that I’m doing alright, when in reality I’m not! I have slipped, and almost fallen!
With God’s help, I’m ready to get back up and say: “I have sanctified Christ as Lord in my heart, always ready to make a defense to everyone who asks me to give an account for the hope that is in me, yet with gentleness and reverence.” 1 Peter 3:15 (personal paraphrase)
It starts TODAY!!! Thankful for the Grace of God, by which I stand.
No comments:
Post a Comment