Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tornadoes

I’ve always had this obsession with tornadoes.  They draw me to them.  They fascinate me, to say the least.  I have this strong desire to see one with my own eyes, yet a fear of the power that they display and the realization that I may not live if I see one up close.  I get a thrill from watching the movie TWISTER, for the adventure and excitement that comes from being a “storm chaser”.

They say that in the eye of a tornado there is almost a complete silence, and this has always been a beautiful picture for me! (maybe that’s why I like tornadoes so much)

When I think about the storms that I face throughout my lifetime, the many things that take place on the exterior.  The rumblings, the thunder, and the lighting that can cause destruction, even during these times there can be a CALM.  As I rest in the center of God’s will for my life, though the world around me may not make sense, there can be a place of quiet rest amidst the chaos and seemingly destruction that is taking place.

My soul, wait thou (be silent, be still, hold your peace) only upon God; for my expectation (hope, ground of hope, things hoped for, outcome) is from him.      (Psalm 62:5 KJV with additives from the Brown-Driver-Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions)

May I always strive for this place of quiet rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment